Subject: TARGET: Communication with principals
Sorry I forgot my email address on the last note like this one.
Hi!

I am currently an Ed. Media student and need information and ideas on how
to effectively communicate with building administrators.  Please refer to
the questions below to respond.  Thank  you very much for taking the time
to help.

Todd Wertenberger, Ed. Media student
Univ. Central FL
South Sumter High School
Bushnell, Fl 33513
email WERTENT@mail.firn.edu

What overall message do you want to convey to principals?

What kind of information should be included?

What types of information should not be mentioned?

Why?

What information do principals want or need to know?

What techniques can be used to get the principal's attention?

How will your report or announcement differ from the many other reports the
principal receives?

How does the method of presentation affect the reaction of the principal?

Does the way you highlight information create a positive, negative, or
neutral impression?

What are advantages or disadvantages of regularly scheduled meetings with
principals?

Of regular reports or announcements?

Any other ideas for communicating with the principal?

What are the benefits of explaining needs and goals for short term/long
term of the media center?

What leadership skills should a MS have to communicate with a principal?

Identify ways, projects, techniques to communicate with principals better.

Should the MS approach the principle (proactively) or should the principal
approach the MS about communication?

Todd Wertenberger
South Sumter High School
Bushnell, FL 33513