-- [ From: Cheryl Sturgeon * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

Dear Friends,
Just wanted to run this by you and see how you would react.
A first grade student has misplaced a book and since we have inventoried and
not found it we had to inform the parent that $7.71 would have to be paid
for replacement.  The check arrived with the child today with the admonition
that in the future the child will only be allowed to check out books from
the school library if we issue her a receipt each time she returns a book!
I read it several times thinking the parent meant a receipt for payment for
the book.
I intend to ignore this for now and see what happens in the fall.
I am also hoping that in the 3 days left the book will be found in a desk,
locker or shelf in the classroom. I know it is not in the library.
The parent is very well off, and is a doctor or has a doctorate, I'm told
so $ should not be an issue.  Perhaps, it's perfectionism.  They would never
lose a book.

--
Cheryl A. Sturgeon
Highland Local Schools