I have enjoyed the discussion about children who don't know if/what they
have signed out.  The original poster said it's not the younger kids; it's
the fifth and sixth graders.  In my school it's the teachers!
Winnebago has a way of printing a list of "materials checked out".  We ask
the teachers to return their class's books before 9:30 am. My aide checks
everything in, and then prints a lost of "materials checked out" for each
homeroom.  When the class shows up at their scheduled time, I can take
attendance and immediately ask each student who is still on the list about
the outstanding book.
It's also very easy for us to check for an individual, simply by scanning
the patron's barcode.  A list pops up on the screen.
Maybe if this is not a function of the other automation software itwould be
another plus for purchasing Winnebago.

Karen

Karen DeFrank
Dorothy L. Bullock Elementary School, Glassboro, NJ
defrank@voicenet.com      *or*
dlb@snip.net (not in use after June 19, 1997!!!)