I have some funds left from my 96-97 budget and would like to purchase
some reference books.  Can any of you make comment on any of the following
i am looking for books for a 3-5th grade school.

WILDLIFE OF THE WORLD   13 volumes (Marshall Cavendish)
INTERNATIONAL WILDLIFE ENCYCLOPEDIA  25 volumes (Marshall Cavendish)
ENCYCLOPEDIA OF MAMMALS  17 volumes (Marshall CAvendish)

EXPLORING OUR WORLD   13 vol;umes  (Groliers)

THE AMERICAN CIVIL WAR 7 volumes (Groliers)
        This one says grade 6 and above but I am wondering if late year
fifth graders could use this.  How is the indexing??

Any other wonderful sets you can suggest would be appreciated too.

TIA
Lois Smits
Holland Christian Schools
Holland, MI