I recently  purchased two copies of It's Perfectly Normal: A book about
changing bodies, growing up, sex, and sexual health by Robie Harris.  My
original intention was to place one as a circulating copy and the second as
a reference (non-circulating) copy.  My principal and other administrators
are reviewing the book and are concerned about the reaction that some
parents may have to its very graphic and explicit drawings as well as the
subject content.  I am in an urban, middle school.  My questions are these:
        1) What do other schools with this same title or like titles do
with these "sensitve" books? and
        2) Have any schools had any reactions from parents or students
regarding this title?

Thank you for your input.  I will post the responses.

Carol Fuerth

Library Media Teacher
Potrero Hill Middle School
San Francisco, California