An exciting NASA Learning Technologies project called "Shuttle
Team Online" has just been launched.  The project is designed
principally for pre-college classrooms, but everybody is welcome
and many adults should find the unique perspective interesting.

Shuttle Team Online will be active from March through May of 1997.
Then, you'll join the men and women who make the
space shuttle fly and learn about their diverse and exciting careers.
We'll peek behind the scenes as these folks train
astronauts, prepare the shuttle between missions, launch the
shuttle, successfully execute the mission from Mission Control
and safely land the shuttle. The focus will be on STS-83, a 16-day
microgravity lab scheduled for launch April 3, 1997.

This project will provide lots of opportunities to interact with
these enthusiastic people. We'll encourage email exchange and
host frequent live network events such as WebChats.

Curriculum supplements about flying rockets and microgravity
experiments will be available to help teachers incorporate the
lessons of the shuttle into their classrooms. Also, Shuttle Team
Online will host teacher discussion areas to encourage
like-minded educators to share good ideas and support one another.

As well, student-to-student interactions will be facilitated through
space shuttle simulations. Finally, an area on the web will
be reserved to display student work relating to the shuttle.

If you are interested in Shuttle Team Online, please consider joining
the mail list. It will be the best way to stay up to date as the
project develops. To join, send an email to:
listmanager@quest.arc.nasa.gov
In the message body, write exactly these words: subscribe updates-sto

Also visit our web site at http://quest.arc.nasa.gov/shuttle

We hope that Shuttle Team Online will prove to be an exciting
learning resource for classrooms. We think it will be a great ride.
We hope that together we'll find ever-better ways to make NASA
-YOUR- space agency, especially for K-12 classrooms.

For more information, please contact Marc Siegel at
msiegel@quest.arc.nasa.gov or 415/604-1518

LM_NET Archive Home