Hello all-

I sure hope you folks can help!!

My school is in the process of constructing a shared access catalog with
the other schools in the district and the public library.  Most of our
records have been matched against WLN and now the PAC is about ready to go
online.  The schools haven't yet barcoded.  I am trying to give my
administrator an idea of how long it will take to bar code my building(s).
I have two).  I have approximately 6000 items that will have smart barcodes
and 2500 items that won't in one building and the other building has the
same total number of items, but none of them will have smart barcodes.  I
will have to create brief records for them and attach generic barcodes.  We
are using Dynix-and I am a novice on this system.  I will also need to
enter information for approximately 300 patrons in each building.

Now, for the $64,000 question.  How long will all of this take?  Anyone
with experience PLEASE let me know you guestimate.  They want me to do it
in my 'spare time.'  Can I get it done in my lifetime?  It is an elementary
school -K-5-  and I don't think my volunteer could handle the data entry
part.

Much thanks for your help.

Pati Zorko
Sunnyside Elementary School