How much more can you put into a subject line? We already have a list
of topic pointers, GEN:, TARGET:, JOBS:, etc. Archive programs for
the web use the continuing subject lines to 'thread' the replies
together. Also, every email program displays a different amount of the
subject line. I have no problem scanning a list of subjects and
opening the messages quickly if I want to read them. <<On LM_NET, I
usually end up reading them all>>. LM_NET is not my only high volume
list. I find I have to adapt to many different styles of email subject
lines.

Of greater importance, in my mind, is the willingness to change a
subject line when the topic changes. Although I have found LMNETters
to be better than most at this.

Dan Robinson
H.W. Wilson Company
drobinson@info.hwwilson.com

> -- [ From: Cheryl Sturgeon * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --
>
> Dear Fellow LM-Netters,
> Please help us  to sort out and read through the many postings each day by
> repeating the gist of what you are talking about in your message instead of
> stating it only in the subject line. My subject line above the message is
> truncated unless I open up the message entirely.  This takes more time if I
> have to do it for very many messages.
> Thanks
> Cheryl
> --