Hi,
  We here in Kansas are still battling our State Board of Education's
proposal for changing the way teachers and librarians are
certified/licensed.  Actually they are changing the term from "certificate"
to "license."  "A rose by any other name...?  The problem is that school
librarians (or whatever you want to call us) will not need to be licensed as
teachers first although they will have to have pedagogical coursework.  It's
a long story!  Anyway, what I need is some "down and dirty" research from
this group.  Does your state require that you have a degree in education
prior to your library credentials?  I need this information before I leave
for AASL on April 1.

TIA,
Joanne Proctor
jmproctor@mphm.com