Many thanks to those good souls who responded with their experiences with
media retrieval systems.  Those of you who asked to be filled in, I will be
posting these responses.  In the meantime, it appears that our district is
discarding the proposal to automate our libraries, and seriously considering
media retrieval systems--perhaps a central site for four elementary
buildings?  Please, if you would, including those who have already given me
your time and thoughts:  were you automated before the media retrieval
system was installed; which would you give priority to; do any of you have a
central site for media retrieval services to multiple buildings, and if so,
who is responsible for the scheduling?  Many, many thanks for sharing.
Carol P. Foster                 cfoster@cortland.cnyric.org (school)
F.E. Smith Elementary School    cfoster@mail.odyssey.net (home)
33 Wheeler Avenue
Cortland, NY 13045