>Speaking of headphones, do any of you allow students to have >CD players
with headphones while in the library?

I don't if this makes us the prison the kids say we are -- but we don't even
allow CD players with headphones in the school during the day.  Not only are
they disruptive to classes, but we've eliminated a major source of theft in
the building.  We'd actually prefer that they not bring them at all, but
that's a hassle we'd rather not get into.  So, do we allow them in the
library?  No.  We do have listening stations students can use for
class-related tapes and CDs, but the headphones are very ugly and large OLD
headphones that they'd never dream of walking away with  :-)

Lynn Henry
Concordia Academy
Roseville, MN
LynnH123@aol.com