I have a book swap at the end of the school year when students are no
longer checking out books.  I use books that have been donated
from different sources as well as book the students bring in.  I did learn
that the older students will try to bring in four ease reads for their
favorite chapter books.  So, like some of you have mentioned I made a rule
that you could only swap like books.  Chapter books for chapter books.  I
keep these book on a chart in the media center to the last day of school
to encourage summer reading.  Last year the teachers even brought grown up
books to swap with each other.

Karen Fichter
Pangborn Elementary School
KZellman@mdu5.mdu.edu