Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 07:49:40 -0400
 May 15 09:38:47 1997
From: "Kieran O'Connor" <koconnor@CNYRIC.ORG>
Subject: New List: FYI . For Your Information: K-12 Education Ideas Using
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 08:43:25 -0400

From: Patti Cakes <Pphenry@AOL.COM>
FYI, For Your Information: K-12 Education Ideas Using Technology, is a list
whose objective is to provide a daily digested forum for K-12 educators to
share
ideas on using technology in the classroom.

The audience for this list would be K-12 teachers, or those who provide
instructional support for them.

The day's digest is comprised of the following kinds of information:

1) Classroom technology integration questions and ideas.
2) Web sites that might be useful to K-12 schools.
3) Blurbs on listservs of interest.
4) K-12 Educational technology news and trends (from other lists, etc)

Posts that discuss technical issues, hardware questions, configuration
queries and the like are not appropriate for this list: this list focuses
on curriculum.

To subscribe to the list

1) Address a message to "Listserv@ocmvm.cnyric.org" (omit the quote marks)
2) Make your message "subscribe fyi yourfirstname yourlastname" (Omit
the quotes)
3) You'll get a note back saying that you have been added to the list.

If you have any problems or questions, feel free to email me.

This list is maintained at Onondaga-Cortland-Madison BOCES Regional
Information Center, Syracuse, NY. OCM BOCES is a K-12 public school support
organization.

Kieran

Kieran O'Connor
OCM BOCES: Serving Cortland, Chittenango, APW, Lansing
Syracuse, NY USA  koconnor@cnyric.org

(607) 753-6061 or  (315) 433-8335
Subject: Author Deborah M. Newton Chocolate

I have been asked to collect information the author Deborah M. Newton
Chocolate.  What I need is a brief biography and ways to teach the following
children books she has written:  Imani in the Belly, Spider and the Sky God,
Talk, Talk An Ashanti Legend.  I am not too familiar with the Author nor the
books.  These lessons are designed for an elementary (1-6 grade) levels.
Thanks so much!

Patricia Henry
Waite High School
Toledo, Ohio  43605