You could have your principal contact my soon-to-be principal! He decided
after his last librarian left 3 years ago that the aides "could do the
job!" That place is a mess. Yes, the kids are getting books checked out but
there are boxes and boxes of ordered books that the aides don't know how to
put in the computer. The tech who "won" the job is doing a great job with
the computerized system thanks to the help of other librarians but she was
never trained and can only do basics. No research lessons are being given.
Teachers are unhappy. It is such a mess that I am going to spend part for
the summer over there to get it ready for Fall so we are ready to begin
right away.

He has changed his mind about what a service librarians provide! :-)

Slainte! Guam is 15 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time (USA) --
Living' in the future -- ain't Life grand!

T. K. Cassidy -  On sabbatical beginning 24 May
                                Soon to be librarian at Finegayan Elementary
                                Home of 1600 adorable little Flying Fish
                                tkc@kuentos.guam.net
                                http://www.guam.net/home/tkc/

Calculated mischief is invigorating ;-)

LM_NET Archive Home