Hi.  I frequently erase my Netscape cache (especially on my home machine,
which has little hard disk space available).  On my setup, I go to DOS
(though you can do this from the Windows file manager, too, I guess -- I
am
just used to DOS from way back, and do my utility stuff there), change to
the Netscape directory, and enter ERASE CACHE.  Or change to the actual
cache subdirectory, and ERASE *.*.  In DOS that will generate a caution to
be sure that is what you want to do.  That step (either version) will
delete
the files.  It may take a while on a slow machine, as there can be
hundreds
of files.  It does no harm whatsoever.  Netscape simply starts a new
cache.
Just be sure that you are erasing the right directory!

Ken

Kenneth W. Umbach, Ph.D., Policy Analyst
California Research Bureau, California State Library
Sacramento, California
E-mail: kumbach@unlimited.net (or kumbach@library.ca.gov)

LM_NET Archive Home