I am reposting the message about the CoSN conference because I think it is
an important one.  CoSN is a non-profit organization that is committed to
promoting K12 networking.

CoSN is an excellent organization, and I recommend the conference.

Mike

>      ***********************Please Post Widely!!***************************
>

>     The Consortium for School Networking (CoSN) is pleased to present:
>
>                          Third Annual Conference
>                       K-12 Networking: Realizing the Promise
>   Renaissance Washington D.C. Hotel (999 9th Street NW, Washington, D.C.)
>                             February 26-28, 1998
>

>** ABOUT THE K-12 SCHOOL NETWORKING CONFERENCE
>
>The Third Annual K-12 School Networking Conference will focus on the
>issues, problems and opportunities facing the K-12 community as we move to
>the next phase of deployment of networking technology as an effective
>element in the learning environment of our schools.
>
>The impact of recent federal and state rulings to provide discounted
>telecommunications service to K-12 schools and libraries will bring an
>estimated $7.8 billion of new funding for educational technology each year!
>This new infusion of funds will dramatically increase and leverage schools
>and libraries' efforts to utilize the Internet.
>
>Over 500 decision makers at the state and district levels will convene to
>learn about new and existing education technology initiatives and identify
>the opportunity and impediments that exist for schools in the digital
>future.
>
>** ABOUT CoSN
>
>CoSN is a national, nonprofit organization formed to advocate for the use
>of telecommunications in K-12 classrooms to improve learning.  Members
>represent school district and state educational entities, nonprofit
>organizations, companies and individuals who support our vision.  For
>Membership information, visit our web site at <www.CoSN.org> or send a
>e-mail message to <info@CoSN.org>.
>

>** DYNAMIC CONFERENCE FOCI:
>
>- Professional Development:   New Roles and Competencies
>- Innovations:   Fostering Learning with Telecommunications
>- Access:   Ensuring Access for All
>- Policy:   Efforts at the Federal, State & Local Levels
>- E-Rate:   Program & Policy Implications of the E-Rate Discounts
>
>** WHO WILL ATTEND THIS CONFERENCE?
>
>Over 500 decision-makers at the school district, state and national level
>will convene to learn about opportunities and impediments that exist for
>using the 21st century information technologies to improve learning.
>
>** MEET OUR CONFERENCE AUDIENCE!
>
>The K-12 School Networking Conference is a conference hosted by school
>networking leaders.  You'll meet key members of Congress and top-level
>decision makers from school districts, states, universities, leading
>education associations, and the private sector.
>
>** TO REGISTER
>
>The Registration form is posted on the CoSN website <www.cosn.org>.
>Simply print the form and fax or mail with payment.
>
>       Consortium for School Networking
>       1555 Connecticut Avenue N.W.
>       Suite 200
>       Washington, D.C. 20036
>       (202) 466-6296
>       (202) 462-9043 fax

> [...]

 listserv@listserv.syr.edu              In the message write EITHER
 1)  SIGNOFF LM_NET  2)  SET LM_NET NOMAIL  or 3)  SET LM_NET DIGEST
 For more help see LM_NET On The Web:  http://ericir.syr.edu/lm_net/