Hi everyone.

I have compiled a HIT for those who asked.  ( I originally wanted sites for
3rd graders but these are useful for all sorts of grades so have fun.)

Lisa Handelman
Adat Ari El Day School

-----------
 this isn't a web site, but we are using Facts on File's The
American Indian CD for just that purpose. It has virtually all the US
tribes and subtribes, and has SCADS of information and photos of each.
It's really worth the price.

I hope I can attach several sites that I really like. I searched and am
still looking for sites related to New York State.
http://indy4.fdl.cc.mn.us/~isk/art/beads/wampum.html
http://one-web.org/oneida/wampum-exhib.html
http://one-web.org/oneida/food-index.html
http://one-web.org/oneida/facts/poly-cooper.html
I hope this helps.

Iroquois
http://www.dickshovel.com/iro.html
http://www.wcsu.k12.vt.us/~wardsboro/thanks.htm#Native_Americans

Iroquois Indian Nation
http://one-web.org/oneida/

Peter Milbury's list of sites
http://www.chs.chico.k12.ca.us/libr/webres/amind.html

Info links to many different tribes
http://www.pitt.edu/~lmitten/indians.html

Famous native American Indians from Nebraska--text only, but
fairly short and easy to read
http://www.ded.state.ne.us/tourism/report/native.html

pic of Red Cloud and his farewell address to his people
http://www.ilhawaii.net/~stony/redcloud.html

If I remember, this is a general page about Native Americans
http://www.intac.com/~jrt/classlinks/native.htm

Smithsonian site on Native Americans
http://www.si.edu/nmai/nav.htm

http://www.cowboy.net/cgi-bin/people/Native/WebEvent/WebEvent/

Native American Indian Pow Wow
http://www.fdl.cc.mn.us/fdltcc/guest/spirit

Native American Resources
http://hanksville.phast.umass.edu/misc/naresources.html

http://www.atiin.com/atiin/nat_res.html

Native American Studies
http://cougar.ucdavis.edu/nas/SSILA/names.html

Native Americans
http://www.freenet.ufl.edu/~native

Index of Native American Resources on the Internet:
http://hanksville.phast.umass.edu/misc/NAresources.html

National Museum of the American Indian
http://www.interport.net/~logomanc/heye.html

Use Eagle Ridge Elementary School. They have links to other sites
that are helpful
http://www.primenet.com/~eaglerg/

http://www.wvlc.wvnet.edu/wvarl/archp.html
http://web.maxwell.syr.edu/nativeweb/biblio/brock.html

"Our school web page has links that may help. The URL is listed below.
When you get there, select "Curriculum Links". Just below the
"Curriculum Links" in a new section called "Special Links" look for
"Multicultural" and then "Native American". Sorry that the path is so
confusing, but we just did some rearranging and haven't worked out the
kinks yet."
http://www.esu3.k12.ne.us/districts/millard/centmidd/central.html

http://dickshovel.netgate.net/Compacts.html

Native American Sites
http://one-web.org/oneida

http://www.pitt.edu/~lmitten

http://www.bham.wednet.edu
click on Thanksgiving for choices

http://www.mstm.okstate.edu/students/jjohnson2/ok-native.hym

http://si.edu/nmai/edu/htm
http://maxwell.syr.edu/nativeweb
http://www.ilt.columbia.edu/k12/naha/natribes.html

Do a native american word search
http://www.gi.net/NET/
---------------------
http:ericir.syr.edu
Go to the Virtural Library
If you go to ERIC at syracuse University you will find InfoGuides on many
topics. These are topical bibliographies of many types of sources,
prepared by Syracuse Grad. students. There are hyperlinks on the URLS. A
Native American grad. student prepared one on Native American resources
last semester.
--------------------
http://www.eagle.ca/~matink/

Go to "The Educator's Toolkit"  Click on
Themes and the "First Nations" link is on that page.
-------------
Art Native Americans
http://www.lib.uconn.edu/ArchNet/Topical/Ethno/NativeTech/NativeTech.html

http://hanksville.phast.umass.edu/misc/NAresources.htm

http://www.wcsu.k12.vt.us/~winhall/thanks.htm#Native_Americans

http://www.n-polk.k12.ia.us/Pages/Departments/media/nat.htm

Try this site: http://cpcug.org/user/jlacombe/mark.html
This is a list of genealogy links and also links to the American
Indians.  Link #33 has a list of Native American web sites.

Map of Native American Tribes - 1873
http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~atlas/america/static/map03.html
[if this site does not come up under this address, then try
http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/         ]

NATIVE AMERICAN NATIONS
Last update - November 28, 1997.
Maintained by Lisa Mittenat: the University of Pittsburgh.
http://www1.pitt.edu/~lmitten/indians.html

Shapes and Uses of California Indian Basketry - [NOTE: this site is slow
to load due to the many graphics, but it's very interesting]
http://www.mip.berkeley.edu/cilc/

The Flags of the Native Peoples
http://users.aol.com/Donh523/navapage/indexdbs.htm
or, if that does not work
http://users.aol.com/Donh523/navapage/index.html

Native Anerican Culture
http://nativeamculture.miningco.com/

National Museum of the American Indian - Learn about Native Americans by
taking a virtual tour of the exhibits at the
Smithsonian.
http://www.si.edu/cgi-bin/nav.cgi
I hope these help. My daughter is in 3rd grade so I tried to find ones
that she would like.
--

 listserv@listserv.syr.edu              In the message write EITHER
 1)  SIGNOFF LM_NET  2)  SET LM_NET NOMAIL  or 3)  SET LM_NET DIGEST