Here is the second part:
I've just filled in this section.  There are several sets on famous
trials that I got from World Almanac's catalog (Twenty First Century
Famous Trials series I think) and there are some good reference type
books on Landmark Decisions (series name)from Excellent Books P.O. Box
927105 La Jolla CA 92192-7105.
Our classes do the individual supreme court cases. We have three series
that we use:
Landmark Supreme Court Cases series from Enslow Publishers
Historic Supreme Court Cases series from Franklin Watts
Supreme Court Decisions series from Twenty-First Century Books
  GREAT AMERICAN TRIALS by Knappman, ed.
FAMOUS POLITICAL TRIALS by David
"                 Criminal          "             "    "
"                 Military          "             "    "
FAMOUS AMERICAN TRIALS by Busch
LANDMARK DECISIONS OF THE UNITED STATES SUPREME COURT
   (there are several of these titles  ....  book I, II, III, etc.)GREAT
AMERICAN TRIALS by Knappman, ed.
FAMOUS POLITICAL TRIALS by David
"                 Criminal          "             "    "
"                 Military          "             "    "
FAMOUS AMERICAN TRIALS by Busch
LANDMARK DECISIONS OF THE UNITED STATES SUPREME COURT
   (there are several of these titles  ....  book I, II, III, etc.)
I picked up a paperback at the local bookstore (on sale for $1.99,
too!) called Sex, Sin and Mayhem: Notorious Trials of the '90s.  I
also have the Famous American Trials book which is excellent.  There
is also a set called American Justice put out by Salem or Magill that
has many trials included in it.
Depending on how much you have to spend, if you want one landmark case
per book, the series from Enslow is great.  They have about a dozen
titles, all hardcover, around $18 per, I think.  Another great source is
a small company called Excellent Books in San Diego (I don't think they
have an 800 number).  They have landmark cases grouped in paperback
volumes by type of case:  freedom of the press decisions, freedom of
speech decisions, schoolhouse decisions, like that.  Also, Gale has a
good reference book about famous trials, maybe called "50 Famous
Trials"  or "World's Greatest Trials:"  Good luck.
There are quite a few series on this topic. There's the Historic Supreme
Court Cases series from Watts, Landmark Supreme Court Cases series from
Enslow, Famous Trials series from Lucent, Great Decisions from Oliver, and
Supreme Court Decisions from Twenty-First Century. All of these series are
published within the last three years.
I have ordered The Dred Scott Case, The Scopes Trial, Brown vs. The Board
of Education all from Millbrook Press, Top Lawyers and Their Cases from
Oliver Press, Roe vs. Wade from Enslow, and Great American Trials from
Visible Ink.

Bev Nelson                             work:bev.nelson@springgrove.k12.mn.us
k-12 Media Generalist                  home:bnelson@means.net
Spring Grove Public School             Spring Grove, MN   55974