Hi - I got a lot of wonderful hits.  Some of you had requested a listing of
the sources.  Thanks so much to all who contributed!  Bev

There is a set of books from Marshall Cavendish called CRIMES AND
PUNISHMENTS that might be helpful.  The indexing is a bit difficult, but
the information is good.

Howabout In Cold Blood by  Truman Capote?

I got 42 hits when I put the words "famous trials" in the key word search on
Amazon.  That should get you started.  I have another title at work on a
book order but I can't think of it right now.  It is not on one trial but on
many.  If you need any other ideas let me know.

There is a series by Rappaport published by HarperCollins.  I have
Sacco-Ven.., Alger Hiss, and Be the Judge.

Here are some random ideas off the top of my head:

Inherit The Wind   (Scopes Monkey Trial) by Lawrence

You Be The Jury by Marvin Miller ( Discusses various trial cases)
Gale Research poublishes Great American Trials.  It really is the most
terrific source.  Its about $25.00 in paperback and $50 in hardcover.
Well worth the price.  The English teachers  love the info on the Salem
Witch trials.  Very thorough and complete.
Two sources we use: LANDMARK DECISIONS OF THE UNITED STATES SUPREME
COURT... a series of books: Excellent Books, Beverly Hills, CA; and GREAT
AMERICAN TRIALS: 200 COMPELLING COURTROOM DRAMAS--FROM SALEM WITCHCRAFT TO
RODNEY KING. ..Edward W. Knappman, ed.  Visible Ink/Gale Research ,835
Penobscot Bldg,

Our favorite is Great American Trials  0810388758 published by Gale in
1994. Also Famous trials: cases that made history  published by Reader's
Digest in 1995 (0895776553).

I just received a flyer in the mail yesterday from Gale,
advertising a 3 volume set of books called -Courtroom Drama: 120 of the
World's Most Notable Trials-. I had thought I would call Gale and ask them
to photocopy the Table of Contents, so I could see what trials are actually
included. The set sells for $84.00.  Hope this helps you.

Bev Nelson                             work:bev.nelson@springgrove.k12.mn.us
k-12 Media Generalist                  home:bnelson@means.net
Spring Grove Public School             Spring Grove, MN   55974