Thank you to all who responded.  Here are the responses I received.

Gene Potoka, Administrative Assistant
the Daystar School, Chicago
PotokaG@aol.com

Alan Shepard has a Reader's theatre site.  There is also a subscription
listserv where he will let you know about new plays.  I don't have the
information right at hand, but I am sure that a quick search on
metacrawler would reveal it.

http://www.aaronshep.com/
Readers' theater.

Carolyn Feller Bauer has at least one books that is called I believe
_Presenting Reader's Theatre_.  She may have a newer one than this as well.

http://www.aaronshep.com/rt/RTE.html

Try Aaron Shepard's web siteat:  www.aaronshep.com
you can print out copies...all grade levels. Try it, you'll like it.

Aaron Shepard has a site at http://www.aaronshep.com/
He also has a listserv where he sends you new script notices as he posts them.

I own a paperback by Albert Cullum called Aesop in the Afternoon. It's a book
of fables written in play form.  I have xeroxed multiple copies, and had
groups of kids use them for Readers' Theater.

You couldn't do better than Aaron Shepherd's internet collection of 19
scripts for elementary, many for younger elementary.  The address:
www.aaronshep.com
His plays are free and copiable to all who visit his site.  They generally
involve a large cast, say half the class, and take no more than about 10
minutes to perform.

I'm sure many have recommended Aaron Sheperd's web page on
R.T.  I have transposed many picture books and folktales to R.T. on my own,
and one year had my Junior High gifted students write and perform for the
younger kids.  Among other successful stories to  dramatize are:  "Tia
Miseria" from FROM SEA TO SHINING SEA, "Soap,  Soap, Soap", one of the Jack
tales; and many of Dr. Seuss's tales--each of my 1-6 classes did one for Read
Across America day.  Libraries Unlimited puts out a number of books with
scripts--these are really pricey (like $30 per...)--I got them with a grant
one year, and have found thm somewhat useful (had the sixth graders do SCARY
READER'S THEATER one year and they loved it.)

As a drama coach, I sometimes use scripts for one-act plays: you can order
these directly from play companies; also there are many anthologies of short
plays.

Author Nancy Polette (may be two l's??) has written several books available in
paperback that offer complete reader's theater scripts from children's
literature.