My sister shared this with me...I have no source; it one of the chain
messages passed around the internet.

SUBJECT:  FELINE RULES of LIFE

> [...]
>cannot manage in time, get to an oriental rug. If there is no oriental
>rug, shag is good. When throwing up on the carpet, make sure you back up so
>that it is as long as the human's bare foot.
>
>BATHROOMS: Always accompany guest to the bathroom. It is not necessary
>to do anything. Just sit and stare.
>
>HAMPERING: If one of your humans is engaged in close activity and the
>other is idle, stay with the busy one. This is called "helping", otherwise
>known as "hampering"
>
>RULES FOR HAMPERING:
>
>A: When supervising cooking, sit just behind the left heel of the cook.You cannot
>be seen and thereby stand a better chance of being stepped on
>and then picked up and comforted.
>
>B: For book readers, get in close under the chin, between eyes and book
>unless you lie across the book itself.
>
>C: For knitting projects or paperwork, lie on the work in the most
>appropriate manner so as to obscure as much of the work or at least the
>most important part. Pretend to doze, but every so often reach out and slap a
>pencil or knitting needles. The worker may try to distract you; ignore
>it; remember, the aim is to hamper work. Embroidery and needlepoint projects
>make great hammocks in spite of what humans may tell you;
>
>D: For people paying bills or working on income taxes or Christmas cards
>first, sit on the paper being worked on. When dislodged, watch sadly
>from the side of the table. When activity proceeds nicely, roll around on the
>papers, scattering them to the best of your ability. After being removed
>the second time, push pens, pencils and erasers off the table, one at a
>time.
>
>E: When a human is holding a newspaper in front of him, be sure to jump
>on the back of the paper. They love to jump.
>
>WALKING: As often as possible, dart quickly and as close as possible in
>front of the human, especially on stairs, when they have something in
>their arms, in the dark, and when they first get up in the morning. This will
>help their coordination skills.
>
>BEDTIME: Always sleep on the human at night so he cannot move around.
>
>PLAY: This is an important part of your life. Get enough sleep in the
>daytime so you are fresh for your nocturnal games. Below are listed
>several favorite cat games that you can play. It is important though to
>maintain
>one's dignity at all times. If you should have an accident during play,
>such as falling off a chair, immediately wash a part of the body as if to
>say, "I meant to do that." It fools humans every time.
>
>CAT GAMES:
>
>A: "Catch Mouse" - Humans would have you believe that those lumps are
>their feet and hands. They're lying. They are actually Bed Mice, rumored to
>be
>the most delicious of all mice in the world, though no cat has ever been
>able to catch one. Rumor also has it that only the most ferocious attack can
stun them long enough for you to dive under the covers to get them.

--
Mary Ludwick, Librarian    Owen Elem.    The Colony, Texas
Lewisville ISD (near Dallas)     ludwick@swbell.net