I watched the show and even discussed it heatly with my husband...we agreed on
many points made and strongly disagreed on some...The crux of the discussion
was that the video, "Tin Drum", which a decade ago won the Academy Award for
Best Foreign Film is being banned in Oklahoma City as child pornography.  Be
that as it may, and the subject of personal conviction, the portion of the
entire program that bother ME was that the police went into a Blockbuster
Video store and demanded the store manager give him his patrons' list in order
to garner names of those with the video in their possession...They then
proceeded to "visit" them in their homes (there were only three out), sans
search warrant, to confiscate the tapes...

The biggest problem, and the reason this is getting such notoriety is that
they inadvertantly "busted" the area head of the ACLU and he is taking the
police in OK City to court!

Now, this opens up several debatable issues: What consistutes child
pornography? Who decides what does? Should the police be allowed into your
home without a search warrant? and, to me, the MOST disturbing issue: Should
the police, or anyone, have the right to the video store records of which/what
type of videos a person rents for use in his own home? What is an invasion of
privacy?

This was on Sunday night...I believe it was on Dateline or whatever show like
that that is on around 8 PM PT (I know it wasn't 60 Minutes)...Sorry, I am not
privy to a TV Guide at the moment to check... Hope this helps...

Jane ;-)
The Read In!
http://www.readin.org
Have YOU signed up, yet?!

listserv@listserv.syr.edu In the message write EITHER
    NOTE: Please allow time for confirmation from Listserv.
For more help see LM_NET On The Web: http://ericir.syr.edu/lm_net/