Colleagues,
During a catchup session of reading my mail today, I cut and pasted a number
of items to an AOL memo document in order to print them when I was finished.
I gave the print command, watched the document spool to the printer, and then
deleted it.  Meanwhile the printer printed one page and then said it was out
of yellow ink.  I clicked continue but then it came back when another dialog
box -"error in the stylewriter connections" and gave me only the choice to
cancel the print job.  So after I replaced the cartridge and cleaned the print
head (I always have to do this to get my Color stylewrite Pro to recognize a
new cartridge), I tried to recover the file.  This was a document which had
never been saved. I look under the Apple menu items for Recent documents but
it was not listed.d  I ran Norton unerase but it was not listed.  Was there
anything else I could have done? (obviously the best solution is not to delete
something till it is safely printer but I knew that and did it anyway).
I have a PowerMac running 8.1 and Aol 3.  Ny Norton Utilities is 3.5, not the
newest but it is supposed to be compatible with system 8.

Paula Neale, LMS
Ingels Elementary School
Kansas City, MO  64134
816-761-4343