Here is the HIT I promised ; there were over 50 answers and sometimes
there were duplicate titles offered. Sometimes I didn't include the
duplications for reasons of space. I hope this is useful....

********
Four Famished Foxes and Fosdyke by Pamela Edwards.
Dinorella is terrific!  Doris and Dora don't do dishes, but instead make
Dinorella do all the dirty work.  Also Princess Prunella and the Purple Peanut
is good.
*************
When I worked in a public library I found that tghere are many alphabet
books which do just this.
Graeme Base is one who springs to mind, and there's a wonderful book called
"Why are there more questions than answers, Grandad?" whose author escapes
me, which has a parrot who speaks always in alliterative sentences.
*********
Try Pamela Duncan Edwards: Four Famished Foxes and Fosdyke, Some Smug Slug
and an old title Aster Aardvarks Alphabet Adventure (integrates U.S.
geography as well.)
********
Try Some Smug Slug.  I am at home and can't think of the author of this
picture book.  It is terrific.
*******
Here are a few:

Lobel   Alison's Zinnia Greenwillow
Shaw    Sheep in a Shop (and other "Sheep" titles)      Houghton-Mifflin
Steig   Shrek   Farrar
Kellogg Aster Aardvark's Alphabet Adventures    Morrow

A good book for your teacher might be "Using Picture Storybooks to Teach
Literary Devices" by Susan Hall (2 vol., Oryx Press)
*********
Picture books on alliteration:
In Window Eight, the moon is late by Diane Worfolk Allison
Wild Wild Sunflower child by Nancy White Carlstrom
The Winter wren by Brock Cole
Chicken Little by Steven Kellogg
The rose in my garden by Arnold Lobel
The Patchwork Cat by William Mayne
Soup for supper by Phyllis Root
What's under my bed by James Stevenson
The voyage of the Ludgate hill by Nancy Willard

I got this out of a book called Using Picture Storybooks to Teach Literary
Devices by Susan Hall (published by Oryx Press--1990) Has different
chapters based on different
devices-irony/alliteration/flashback/imagery/inference/paradox, etc. There
are 30 devices in all. Great resource.
***********
Deleted your message then saw this in my local paper -- featuring the
author/illustrator
Ann Jonas, her book Watch William Walk is entirely alliterative -- looks
like beautiful illustrations too...
******
I just had a book in my book fair that was a great alliteration picture book:

it is called Dinorella by Edwards (She has written several and plans to write
one for each letter of the alphabet)
I forget her first name.
********
I can think of one right off hand that's Duke the Dairy Delight Dog ....
*******
Dr. Seuss???
**********

'Anamalia' by G. Base.
******
Sorry for the late post, but I'm just getting to my mail! I like Walking is
wild, weird and wacky by Kerber.
Have fun!
*******
Dr. Seuss' ABCs
Many mumbling mice are making music in the moonlight...mighty nice!
******
Rebecca, there is an alphabet book that may meet this teacher's
requirements:  Aster Aardvark's Alphabet Adventures by Steven Kellogg.
*********
Rebecca - A good source for books teaching any kind of figurative
language is Teaching Literary Devices using Picture Storybooks from
Oryx Press.  It comes in two volumes and both are loaded with
bibliographies for each of the elementary
*******
these came from LM-Net a few months back. I have been saving them for some odd
reason or another!

Books written in alliteration
Animalia (Graeme Base)(suggested 7 times)
Princess Purnella and the Purple Peanut (Atwood, Margaret)
A Snake is Totally Tail by Judi Barrett
Aster Aardvark's Alpabet Adventures by Steven Kellogg (twice)
Dr. Seuss's ABC
Why are there more questions than answers, Grandad (by Mahood.) of the characters
is a talkative parrot who uses alliteration.
Five Faint Frogs Feeling Feverish (Obligado, Lilian.)
If I was in charge of the world (J. Viorst)  has some things on lang.
Alligator Arrived with Apples by Crescent Dragonwagon
Some Smug Slug by Edwards (Pamela?) (3 times)
A my name is Alice by Bayer
A My Name is Annie, by Bayer, (not sure which is correct)
Little Tricker the Squirrel Meets Big Double the Bear, by Ken Kesey-
Old Hannibal and the Hurricane
There's An Ant in Anthony
Great Gorilla Grins
Four Famished Foxes and Fosdyke by Pamela Edwards (twice)
Mama, Papa, and Baby Joe
Snail Mail
Six Sick Sheep  by Cole, Morrow '93
The Bells, by Edgar Allen Poe.
Burt Dow, Deep Water Man by Robert McCloskey.
The Sun's Day
June 29, 1999 by Wiesner
How Do You Hide a Monster?
Buster Loves Buttons,  Fran Manushkin

***A great resource for figurative language lists is Using Picture Storybooks  to
Teach Literary Devices. There are 2 volumes and they come from Oryx Press.

***Someone suggested books by Ruth Heller.
*************
I have a 4th and 5th grade teacher asking for the same thing.  One they
used is A, My Name is Alice.
*******
I just bought a new book called Psst! It's me, the Bogeyman by Parks. it
is full of alliteration and a very funny story.
*******
Aster Aardvark's Alphabet Adventures
by Steven Kellogg
*******
Dear REbecca,  Any book on tongue twisters!  My Tongue's Tangled, etc.  I
now some of Alvin Schwart's folklore books have them.
*******
Sheep in a Shop                         Shaw, Nancy
Shrek                                   Steig, William
Old hannibal and the Hurricane          Amoss, Berthe
Papa and Baby Joe                       Daly, niki
Snail Mail                              Edwards, Hazel
The Sun's Day                           Gerstein, Mordicai
How Do You Hide a Monster?              Kahl, Virginia
Plum Pudding for Christmas              Kahl, Virginia
Alison's Zinnia                         Lobel, Anita
How the Grinch Stole Christmas          Suess, Dr.
*******
There are several suggestions in my book THE POET TREE (Linworth).
Hopefully the book will be available near you somewhere.  Right off the top
of my head I don't have any in my memory. IF you can't find the book let me
know and I'll type some of the suggestions in.  You might find other useful
information in the book however.  :>)  Sharron

Sharron L. McElmeel
mailto:mcelmeel@5thseason.net
Writer/Educational Consultant
Cedar Rapids, IA 52411
personal website (with a candidate's linkk) at:
http://www.5thseason.net/~mcelmeel
*******
The following information comes from  Using Storybooks to Teach Literary
Devices  by Susan Hall.

In Window Eight, the Moon Is Late by Allison.
Wild Wild Sunflower child Anna by Carstrom.
The Winter Wren by Cole.
Chicken Little by Kellogg
The Rose in My Garden by Lobel.
The Patchwork cat by Mayne.
soup for supper by Root
What's under my bed by Stevenson.
The voyage of the ludgate Hill by Willard.
*******
Lily"s Purple Plastic Purse by Kevin Henckes comes to mind.
*****
Dear Rebecca,  Try ANIMALIA by Graeme Base.  It's a magnificently
illustrated alphabet book where everything on the page begins with the
designated letter.  Here's an example:  "Ingenius iguanas improvising an
intricate impromptu on impossibly impractical instruments."  Janet Kleinberg
********
One of the funniest (thus hardest to read with a straight face) is
Piggy in the Puddle by Charlotte Pomerantz.  It was published in 19 74 by
Macmillan.  I don't know if it is still available, but it is great.
*******
Sorry for the late post, but I'm just getting to my mail! I like Walking is
wild, weird and wacky by Kerber.
******
THE END

Rebecca Endlich, Librarian
endlichr@edmonds.wednet.edu             phone 425-670-7311 ext 3382
Oak Heights Elementary                  fax 425-670-7747
15500 18th Ave. W.
Lynnwood Wa 98037