Dear LM_NETers,

As I understand it, one should ask permission to link to sites because of
bandwidth.  If too many people access your site, you have to pay your
server more money becasue too much band width is being used...or so I have
heard.

I read a complaint from the provider of free clipart that users must
always copy the image to their own server and not link directly to the
host server.  Apparently some free clipart sites had to close down because
the cost of the aditional bandwidth due to people directly linking was
prohibitive.

If anyone can shed some light on linking and bandwidth usage, I would be
appreciative. TIA

--Mary Ziller
sg93xaw8@drexel.edu
grad student at Drexel University, Phila., PA
Internet Tutor for Lower Merion Libraries