I found these comments and an exerpted review on the list Multicultural
Pavllion.
The following  exerpt is from an extensive review of The Diary of Nannie
Little Rose, A Sioux Girl_
I got permission from the author to post this exerpt and I urge anyone
interested in reading the full review to go to
http://www.oyate.org/avoid.htm

I believe strongly that those of us in education should do all that we
can to foster the truth and bring attention to stereotypes which
influence young minds. The country's recent experience with the
Columbine H.S. massacre and the ongoing massacres in Cossovo and Iraq
seem to be setting the stage for an acceptance of violence,
misinformation and racism. If this article is of concern to you, use it
and distribute its' message as you see fit. Teachers, parents and
Scholastic Magazine need to be challenged with the truth.

Additional messages on this subject have suggested commenting to
Scholastic at their feedback page at http://www.scholastic.com/custsvce/
and submitting comments about the book to amazon.com and
barnesandnoble.com

The following is an exerpt of an extensive review of The Diary of Nannie