One of our board members sent an e-mail to my principal about a new website
called Schoolpop.  http://www.schoolpop.com

The invitation (which was sent by Schoolpop to my principal after the board
member supplied the principal's e-mail) says:

"this web site is dedicated to supporting school fundraising efforts. Simply
register, make a purchase, send in your e-mail receipt and your school will
earn $10 --it's part of Schoolpop's Million Dollar Committment.
So what is Schoolpop? Their number one objective is to give anyone how has
access to the Internet a way to contribute to the school of their choice.
Just by shopping through Schoolpop.com, up to 20% of your online purchases
will go back to the school of your choice. Select from more that 140
retailers, like Amazon.com, eToys, LandsEnd, Dell and others.
In addition, through Schoolpop's Tell A Friend program, they will give my
school $5 for every friend, family member or colleague that I invite to
register at Schoolpop. After you register, you can participate in the Tell A
Friend Program as well--Help your school, or the school of your choice, and
earn as much of the Million dollars as possible.
Help your school earn as much of the Million dollars as possible. "

One part that makes me skeptical is "send in your e-mail receipt". The other
is "Help your school earn as much of the Million dollars as possible"

On the other hand, if we can get $ for buyng online from Amazon this is
something we should know about.

I know there was a site a year or so ago that was supposedly selling
magazines to parents and schools were syupposed to get a percentage of the
sales.  I believe no one on LM_NET had ever heard of a school receiving
money from them.

Now I need your help:
IF YOU HAVE HAD an experience with Schoolpop, especially if your school has
ever received a check from them, please let me know.

IF YOU WANT MORE INFORMATION wait for me to post a hit.

Karen DeFrank
Dorothy L. Bullock Elementary School
Glassboro, NJ  08028
kdefrank@glassboro.k12.nj.us