So sorry this has taken so long to compose.  We have been moving our
daughter to Auburn.

Sometimes I have found that others (and I) have pressed return at the
end  of a document adding an additional, blank page to the document.
This may be the case with your secretary.

Try going into the control panel to the printer setup icon for the HP.
Click on it once, and right click to display the options. In the
properties is a setting that causes the blank page to print. A bit
tricky
to find, but I expect you will find it if you persevere.

Well, you might have gone this route already, but you didn't mention it,
so I'll give it a shot. Usually this is not a printer problem. If you
can turn on the "show codes" or "show all characters" in your word
processer, you'll usually find that the document actually has enough
hard returns after the last bit of typing that it triggers a new page.
Delete the returns, and you
get rid of the problem. However, if this is happening with EVERY SINGLE
document you are printing, especially if they printed normally before,
then this is obviously not the cause of the problem. If it is an actual
rinter
problem, it's most likely to be a problem with the driver rather than
with the printer itself.

Things to check also:
That you have the correct driver chosen in the Printer's Properties.
That you have the most recent version of the correct driver installed.
That the type of paper selected in the printer properties is correct.

It sounds like a software setting in the computer.  We have also seen
the same thing several times. Try the following:  On My Computer, under
Printers, right  click on the default printer, then go to Properties and
look for something about settings.  Then disable
the Form Feed or Page Feed command.  If you are running something other
than Windows 95 or 98 look for the Form Feed command.under whatever
commands deal with the printer manager commands.     Good luck.

There are two things your gurus can check.

1.  There is most likely a command in the path that tells the computer
to print a blank sheet.  Once that script is eliminated, you should only
get what you need.

2.  There may be a way to stop it from the printer.  Pull out your
manual and look up something like "sheet feed" or the like.  You should
be able to set your printer so that you do not get the extra sheet.

3.  And you are sure that the person printing does not accidentally have
the cursor on the second page, yes?