Thanks for the replies.  Here are the response I received.

One the periodical I used was Gifted Child Quarterly and the article I used
was "Theories and the Good: Toward Child-Centered Gifted Education" by Barry

A. Grant found in Vol 43, no.1, winter 1999 p4-11.
Some other articles:
"Accountability for gifted student" by James J. Gallagher in Phi Delta
Kappa,
June 1998 v79 n10 p739(4).
Giftedness: Infancy to adolescence: a development perspective by Heidi J.
Datzell in Roeper Review, May-June 1998, v20 n4 p259(6).
That "me" behind the mask: Intellectually gifted students and the search for

identity by Miraca U. M. Gross in Roeper Review, Feb 1998, v20 n3 p167(8).
How to Identify and Develop Special Talents by John F. Feldhusen in
Educational Leadership Feb 1996v58 n5 p66-69.
The State of Gifted Education: Toward a Bright Future by Dorothy A. Sisk in
Music Education Journal March 1990 v79 n7 p35-39.
Education Gifted Students in CQ Researcher March 28, 1997. I found this on
my
high school journal database MAS FullTEXT ELITE. Each article has references

at the end which could give more resources

-------

 I am on the Schoolwide Enrichment Committee at my school and we recently
revised our program within our school.   We are working within our school
system's guidelines, however, we have expanded our inschool program.   We
used "The Schoolwide Enrichment Model : A Comprehensive Plan for Educational

Excellence" by Joseph S. Renzulli & Sally M. Reis as a guide.  Our school
system only identifies students as academically gifted and we wished to
expand our enrichment program to include students with other giftings and
interests.  We have developed several enrichment programs for our gifted
students such as an indepth archeology project, video production teams,  and

special science enrichment groups.
    We have ordered several materials from Prufrock Press which we have
found
to be quite useful.  We use the paper catalog, but they also have a website,

www. prufrock. com
    I hope this helps.  We are still in the growing stage of our inschool
program and I am looking forward to your hit posting....so that we can learn

more from others.  :)

------
I'm a teacher of gifted and talented students and have just begun studying
for the school library media endorsement.  I may be able to help you with
some good resources on gifted education.  Here are some that may be of use
you:

Autonomous Learner Model
http://204.98.1.2/high/awest/gt/model.htm

<A HREF="http://familyeducation.com/article/0,1120,1-7953,00.html">Gifted
and
Talented Resources</A>

<A HREF="http://www.alpspublishing.com/">Welcome to Autonomous Learning
Publications & S...</A>

<A HREF="http://www.hoagiesgifted.org/gift.htm">Hoagies' Gifted Education
Page</A>

<A HREF="http://www.nagc.org/">Welcome to NAGC</A>

<A HREF="http://www.gifted.uconn.edu/">Neag Center for Gifted Education</A>

<A HREF="aol://4344:2442.Giftsch.26874141.617136166"> Gifted and
Talented</A>

<A HREF="http://www.gifteddevelopment.com/">Gifted Development
Center--gifted
children</A>

I also have temporarily posted a web page at:
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Ithaca/6433/elp2.html

It will be re-posted soon on my school district web site:
http://wdm.k12.ia.us

Additionally, I'd like to recommend the periodical "Challenge" as a useful
resource.  It is filled with practical lessons and articles.