I am a high school librarian seeking help from the group to finish my
paper on copyright and librarians.

I need librarians to share the outcome of copyright situations in their
schools such as the one posted by posted by Dana Mc Dougald this week
regarding the cartoon character on the bulletin board. It was agreed
that this was a copyright infringement. I would like some data on what
happened next, in cases such as this that we have all experienced.

Was the teacher resentful? Was the bulletin board taken down? Was the
administrator involved? In other words how the librarians role affects
the situation and how the situation affects the librarian.

I will not mention names or names of schools, only as "a librarian from
Missouri", etc.

I know it is a busy time of the year, but I truly appreciate any
situations and outcomes you will share. I hope to learn how librarians
are involved in school copyright policy, implementation, enforcement,
etc. All comments appreciated.

I hope knowledge of the experiences of others can help us all in dealing
with these delicate situations.

Thanks in advance for your time at this time of the year.

Cara Russell, Librarian
Parkview High School
Springfield, MO