OK, White flag everybody.  I wish there was a way to "unsend" one of these
posts.

Several of you have written to me personally to let me know I am "all
wet"--which I am, especially behind the ears when it comes to library media
services.  Anyway, I fear that my warped sense of humor has gotten me into
trouble again . . . Some of what I said was meant tongue in cheek--note the
smiley faces and the silly rah, rah, "Go Terps" comment which was actually a
teasing comment in response to someone mentioning the U of Illinois being
ranked #1 by ALA. In fact, I never knew before that ALA actually ranked the
programs.

What I really wanted to say was that a few of the questions truly did confuse
me because they seemed something we've covered in classes pertaining to
school library media services and I wondered if the people asking came from a
background that did not cover these things.  I was trying to be nice, not
nasty.

The reason I belong to this list is because I DO know how invaluable the
voice of experience can be.  Trust me--I really do.  I was a library aide for
4 years before embarking on my Masters and I am amazed at how much I have
learned through the program even though I was in a school library on a daily
basis and working with a wonderful librarian.  What I meant to say was that
there are a lot of reasons why people ask the questions that some of the
members have chastised them for asking--that's all.  I realize that using
"no-brainer" as a descriptive term was offensive--it's that danged sense of
humor rearing its ugly head again.  I sure don't want to come across as
obnoxious or know-it-all and wish I could take back my post right now.

Sorry!

Heather Norris
Graduate Student
College of Information Studies