In the past few days I have read a number of postings about Book Fairs. I am
in the middle of my bi-annual Scholastic Book Fair. I love the selection
they send, because they send things that are familiar to the children. Their
Book Magic video tape is a great tool, too. The latest version has an
interview with Dav Pilkey.

I have pretty good luck when I call and make requests from their list.

However - I have learned to not accept paid orders for anything. When I call
the 800 number for re-orders the person on the phone can take orders but has
no idea what is available in the warehouse. Many time I call a list in and
receive less than half of what I have requested.
Another problem is the titles on the video are not always sent with the Book
Fair. The author of Bud, Not Buddy is interviewed on the tape and the book
is not available.
Also there are many items that come that are not on the list. That is a real
problem with a price is missing from an item.

Perhaps Scholastic will upgrade their system somehow so that we can actually
order and receive confirmation for those titles our kids really want.

Karen DeFrank
Dorothy L. Bullock Elementary School
Glassboro, NJ
kdefrank@glassboro.k12.nj.us