There is no MARC rule concerning cutters-- they're created locally.  A
library can request that a vendor add them, but it's still a local decision
on whether to use them and when they'll be used.  Cutters are usually based
on a main entry, and are often machine generated.  In my 5 years of
cataloging, I've never added them to the 082 tag.

Good luck!

Jeff Ahrens, MLS
Cataloger
Follett Library Resources