In my request for information about how schools have used networked COPY
machines I only received two answers. Both had the machines but one schoo=
was using it as a networked copy machine and one was not. (added the
original posting at the bottom).

We have one network printer in each room, but two large network type
copiers for large print jobs.  One is in our "copy" room..a workroom for
teachers, and one is in the teacher lounge. This seems to work.  The
teacehrs send their jobs to the queue, and the copier prints out the batc=
with the teachers name on top,so whomever is in by the machine can take o=
ut
the set of papers and put in in a mialbox.

We have a copy machine with the same capabilities but immediately decided=

not to use them when we realized we'd it would generate a huge amount of
use and increase our monthly lease cost on the machine.

Our school has been issued several replacement copy machines. These
machines can be put on our school wide LAN to be used as printer/copy
machine/fax machines.Teachers could print from their workstation and make=

class sets - thus skipping the step of printing then taking the print out=

to the copymachine. Right now they are just being used as copy machines b=
ut
the question has come up as to where best to place these machines and how=

to handle the setup one they are put on the LAN..

If you have similar machines - what problems if any have you encountered?=

Any thoughts on setup - placement, how to "connect" teachers to these
stations?

We already have printers, in a number of places in the building including=

the library. What is new about these machines is the ability to use them =
as
network copy machines. =

Deborah J. Stafford
Gen. H.H. Arnold High School