LMnetters,
Thanks for the quick and thoughtful replies to my
query.

I had one message saying the solution of connecting to
a television just wasn't good, old technology.
Followed, of course, by a response that said most
teachers in one school had this and loved it.  So the
overall opinions are pretty mixed, and apparently like
most things, you get what you pay for, more expensive
is better.

The brand mentioned most was AverKey although even the
best of these apparently isn't great for detail from a
website.  The other brand recommended was TVview Gold,
not silver.

Something I had never seen mention of were
presentation TVs, where the card is already in the TV,
not the computer.  The one brand mentioned was Philips
Scancard II 32" monitors.  Sounds great, but I have a
feeling they cost more than the scan converter cards
for the computer (and probably work better, too).

I think everyone realizes that the projectors are
better. Someone mentioned that the bulbs should last
6000 hours, but I am not sure about the length of bulb
life in reality vs. promised life, and as I said,
we're a little afraid to use them all day every day
with bulb cost being over $300.00.

What's the real experience with bulb life from
teachers who use them all day every day? I'd like to
know.

Thanks again for helping me help a teacher,

Dana Pope, Librarian
Stephenville High School
2650 W. Overhill
Stephenville, TX 76401