Friends --
    I need some input from those of you who have sponsored school wide
activities.  I annual sponsor several activities during Children's Book
Week and again for Cat in the Hat Day.  Sometimes a few other events.
At a recent teacher's meeting I wasn't able to attend, at least one
staff member strongly criticized by Children's Book Week activities
(hadn't talked to me). Wants Children's Book Week activities moved to
March when nothing else is going on (I already have tentative plans for
Feb. & Mar -- just waiting administration approval so the teachers don't
know yet). My guess is the teacher(s) didn't like the fact that I
expected them to get their students involved -- they wanted me to do all
the planning and teaching their students for the presentations that were
to be made.   My most supportive teacher died earlier this fall, so I'm
feeling like I no longer have an advocate at the teachers meetings (the
new principal really doesn't support what I'm doing)
    Any way, all this to say, how many activities does your library
sponsor for the school in a given school year?  How do you determine
when to hold these events?  Are all your teachers expected to
participate in some way or do you do all the work including preparing
students for what ever presentation they will make?
    Thanks for your input.
Jane Mouttet. librarian
Hilltop Christian School, Window Rock,  AZ  86515
 hlibrary@westernindian.org