Roberta,

Predictably, I'm with Judy when she says:

>Develop one form that you and the teacher with whom you are working can
>fill out together - this then becomes collaboration!  <snip>
>
>It's surprising how your image changes with both  your students and your
>teachers!  You get to know your teachers and your teachers get to know
>you!  Teachers now view you as a vital element to planning and
>implementing their lessons while your students view you as a teacher
>rather than..well..whatever they think we do all day!

It's not collaboration unless, well, you're collaborating!  Otherwise, it's
just information.  This is not to say that an informational form wouldn't
be very helpful to you in your situation!  Of course it would.  My
suggestion is that you devise an informational form that you can implement
immediately, to help you with the existing problem quickly (the drop-off
mentality) and then make a long-range plan to build a collaborative culture
with your teachers.

My Linworth collaboration books (see sig file below!) offer a useful
collaborative planning form as well as a wealth of sample units designed by
practicing LMS's and their classroom teaching partners.  I hope you'll find
them helpful.

Good luck!

Best,
Toni

Toni Buzzeo, MA, MLIS <mailto:tonibuzzeo@tonibuzzeo.com>
Portland, ME 04103
http://www.tonibuzzeo.com

Collaborating to Meet Standards: Teacher/Librarian Partnerships for K-6
(Linworth 2002)
Collaborating to Meet Standards: Teacher/Librarian Partnerships for 7-12
(Linworth, September 2002)
The Sea Chest, illustrated by Mary GrandPre (Dial, September 2002)
Dawdle Duckling, illustrated by Margaret Spengler (Dial, January 2003)