I am trying to set the record straight on this discussion. To MY knowledge,
there has been no boycott called for of the Scholastic company. The speaker
stated (words to this effect) *I* will never  buy anything from this company
again. He did not call for a boycott of the company by his listeners. I had
listened to the original broadcast.
    Following this discussion on the LM list, I followed the Internet link
and reviewed the programs for that day and the next. There were selections
read and discussed from the book, but boycott was not mentioned. THEN, I
called the organization responsible for the program and suggested they
approach Scholastic with their concerns and see what response is given. The
organization is compiling responses from that program and will follow up on
my suggestion.
    The main gist of the speaker's point was that Scholastic had produced a
catalog specifically aimed at *Christian* schools with some materials that
contained either contradictory or non-Biblical
views. The book in question was written by the author as though he was God
answering teens' questions,  and the radio speaker disagreed with some
answers.
    I am sure this thread will continue, as did the 'In God we trust' thread
of a few weeks ago, but  religion and/or politics are always a hot topic.
JMHO

Darlene Forsythe, Galeton Area School, K-12, Galeton,PA
dforsythe@adelphia.net