Here are some more suggestions, and again thanks!--Mary Ann

"Tending Roses" by Lisa Wingate.
**********
Some books that come to mind:
Christmas Basket by Debbie Macomber
Victorian Rose by Catherine Palmer
Skipping Christmas by John Grisham
Mount Vernon Love Story by Mary Higgins Clark
Also, on p. 288 of the October 1. 2002 Booklist is a good list of  Top
10
Christian Novels.  Not only good titles, but good list of authors.  I
hope
you will share your final list.  Wish I could hear your presentation.
*******************
Here are some of my favorites:

1. Excerpts from "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff" and  "What about the Big
Stuff?" by Richard Carlson

2. Although the movie is out and famous, reading "The Divine Secrets of
the Ya-Ya Sisterhood" is
wonderful as well as her sequel, "Little Altars Everywhere" by Rebecca
Wells.

3. Teachers always enjoy "Testing Miss Malarkey" by Judy Finchler.

4. A personal favorite of mine (for the avid reader of historical
fiction) is "Ahab's Wife" by Sena Jeter
Naslund William Morrow.  Just an awesome read that looks into the life
of Captain Ahab in the classic
novel but from his young wife's perspective.

5. And of course, your old stand bys - "Seven Habits of Highly Effective
People" and "Chicken Soup
for the Soul" series.
***************
Another suggestion - books by Bill Cosby.  He is coming to TLA and we
were talking about his humor and his books.  We have Time Flies, which
may not be in print.  This books has essays on aging which would be
appropriate for your audience. But there are others from Follett.  He
would be a good one., You could read one or two of his short essays.  I
look forward to hearing him talk at TLA.
***********
I would definitely mention the Janet Karon books. And since you talking
about adult readers have you thought of
mentioning the Janet Evanovich series?  It is a little r rated in places
with some sex and violence but the character of the grandmother is just
too funny.  As is the state of the single bounty hunter barely making
ends meet, having man trouble and exploding a car in every book.
The Lisa Beamer book, Let's Roll,  was very much enjoyed by my husband
so you might want to include it.
Where the Heart Is--Billie Letts --I know it has been made into a movie
but the book is wonderful!
One of my personal favorites is:  O Ye Jigs and Juleps.
How about Burns Cold Sassy Tree, Flags of Our Fathers, and maybe
Wangerin's Book of the Dun Cow.  I first  read this last one with an
adult group and we had a marvelous time.