Previous by DateNext by Date Date Index
Previous by ThreadNext by Thread Thread Index
LM_NET Archive

                I have an english teacher who is looking for a literary term.
        What is it called when an author gives a name to a character
        that reflects a characteristic of that character?  For
        example, a newsboy in the movie "Newsies" who has a crutch
        is named Crutchie?
                We've drawn a blank and i know one of you wonderful
        librarians will know!
                TIA.           Sue
Susan Scheu, LMS
Camden High School, Camden, N.Y.

All LM_NET postings are protected by copyright law.
To change your LM_NET status, e-mail to:
In the message write EITHER: 1) SIGNOFF LM_NET  2) SET LM_NET NOMAIL
3) SET LM_NET MAIL  4) SET LM_NET DIGEST  * Allow for confirmation.
LM_NET Help & Information:
LM_NET Select/EL-Announce:
LM_NET Supporters:

LM_NET Mailing List Home