I'm really surprised by your experience, because we have had nothing but
good experiences with Follett.  Our orders have arrived promptly and with no
errors to date this year.  As the placement of barcodes is determined by
specs which are set up (along with those for barcodes, security strips, and
other processing) before your first order, perhaps this was the reason for
both the delay and your problem.

However, I understand your predicament about the barcodes, because last year
every book we received from Marshall McClelland (spelling?) arrived with the
barcode on the front cover, often covering the title, although our specs
clearly indicated that we wanted them on the inside of the back cover.  I
also did not want to take the time and trouble to send the books back, so I
requested a new set of barcodes and painstakingly removed the old ones
myself with Goo-gone (tm).  This left marks on a few of the books, took up a
lot of my time, and left a lasting annoyance.  When I switched schools this
year, I saw that their books from that company came the same way. I guess it
all depends upon who is doing the processing.

We also had problems with Baker & Taylor last year, which was inconsistent
with placement of book pockets (and did not glue them into paperbacks.)
Barcodes were also missing for more than a few books.

Why not call Follett and see what kind of relief they can offer? (And make
sure that future orders come in the way you want them.)

-- Anne Marie Clarke
    Campus Magnet HSS
    Cambria Heights, NY 11411