Hardly... Reducing staff by getting rid of teachers and librarians has
been going on long before NCLB.  It is usually caused by the defeat of the
the school budget, and the town or state being unwilling to force a good
budget onto the voters/taxpayers.  Long before "downsizing" became the
corporate term, it was known (at least in NJ) as a RIFF (reduction in
force.. don't ask about the second F). I was RIFFed twice, (last hired,
first gone) and the then the ads from Wilson looked good and the Bronx
didn't look so bad. And I was right.

Dan Robinson
HW Wilson Company
Bronx, NY