Hi Sheri
I can't help you with titles but you might like to build on an idea I did
with my students this winter where we have four codes of football (rugby
union, rugby league, soccer and Australian Rules) all very popular.

I bought four cheap green plastic tablecloths and carefully marked the
various playing fields in for each code.  I got students interested in each
code to make me miniature scale goalposts.  I also made league ladders for
each code's national competition.

They worked together to write up team and player profiles, make paper models
of team uniforms, collect newspaper articles and keep the league ladders up
to date.  We even set up a tipping contest and I taught them about odds by
having a betting contest on the eventual premiers for each code.  (No money
involved and we watch a particular national betting service to see how the
odds change with each week's results and recalculate)  Maths and reading and
research everywhere!

For a fortnight for each, I covered a table with a code's cloth and on it
displayed fiction and non-fiction for that code.  (There is a huge push here
for boys' reading so books about boys and sport are everywhere).  Although
my target audience was the boys, we had just as many girls involved over the
time and there was an increase in the respect and friendships between them
at a time-of-life when they are normally at each other's throats!

This was so successful and even though this was not a formal teaching theme,
we nevertheless had some interesting discussions about controversial issues
such as violence in sport (the judiciary is very tough and even high-profile
players cop lengthy suspensions) and drugs in sport - all grist to their
lifelong learning mill.  I had characters in here at lunchtimes who have
NEVER ventured in on their own accord before and I feel very pleased with
the results which essentially cost me $US5.00 for some plastic tablecloths
and maybe an hour!

Barbara

Barbara  Braxton
Teacher Librarian