As long as we are on the topic...I saw Azkaban last night with my 13
year old daughter. It has been about four years since I read the book,
and only one time through. My daughter, on the other hand, has read it
at least three times (easiest AR points she has ever earned, harrumph)
and as we made whispered comments back and forth, her refrain was, "just
wait, Mom, they are working up to it!" She clearly acknowledged that
much of Rowling's details and levels of story development are lacking,
but enjoyed what essentials were there. (Plus, Daniel Ratcliffe is so
cute, I am told). The best part came, however, on the drive home, when
my daughter announced rather loftily, "But my kids (if I have any) will
not be allowed to see the movies until after they have read the books!"

So score that for reading!

Karen Appleton, Consultant
Media and Information Technology
Western Hills AEA