Hi All,

One thing I used to do when I was in an elementary school library was send out
"reminder" listings of books to teachers quarterly. I would attach a note saying
that "I just wanted to make sure that my records were correct, and that this is
what I show still checked out to you." Teachers had no due dates (other than on
some holiday-related items); this listing would remind them to return books that
they had finished with, or in the case of the younger grades, that it was time to
clean out desks to see who was hording them! Rarely did I have a book not returned,
and if I did, it would usually turn up when the teacher requested it for the next
year, and I commented that my records still showed that s/he hadn't yet returned it.

Nadine

                                      Nadine Lipman
                            Head of Children's Services
                                Waterford Public Library