----- Original Message -----=20
Subject: HIT: Summertime reading for us

Thanks to many people who responded with book suggestions. I'll keep =
collecting titles, if people want to send them.   Here is the  HIT that =
I've compiled so far:

By far, the most mentioned title was:
Angels and Demons by Dan Brown

Also:
Digital Fortress
Deception Point  (both by Dan Brown also)
(I've read all four of his books.  My opinion is that he needs to write =
another one fast!)

Another one along the lines of the DaVinci Code is The Book of Four by =
Caldwell and Thompson.

Shutter Island" by Dennis LeHane (author of Mystic River)

The Devil Wears Prada  by Lauren Weisberger=20

The Ghost Writer John Harwood=20

The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger.=20

Life of Pi by Yann Martel

Oldies but goodies:  All Over but the Shouting by Rick Bragg
Ava's Man by Rick Bragg
Time and Again by Jack Finney
Time after Time by Jack Finney

Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd

Bel Canto by Patchett
The Kite Runner  -- by Hosseini (mentioned by several also)
Jhumpa Lahiri's INTERPRETER OF MALADIES and her new book THE NAMESAKE=20

The Odd Sea by Frederick Reiken

After the First Death by Robert Cormier

The Dante Club by Michael Pearl

The Known World by Edward Jones

The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon

The 5 People You meet in Heaven

Jan Cole
LMS
Horace Mann Elementary