You guys are the greatest!  I am loving the suggestions you are posting, and
will certainly try to implement some of them.  I wish I could respond to
each of you, but my email box is already flooded!  and I love it!  it's just
what I need right now.

We implemented the FISH program last year.  I still look through the book,
but the district does nothing to support it anymore, so it's hard to stay
positive.

Some of you are envious that my year has ended, I have to say I am envious
of those of you who get a week after school's out to finish your work.  We
get 3 days a year.  I didn't use any days before school, just started the
year behind, and played catch up when I could, I used one day for book fair,
and I have 2 left.  I have spent 3 days on inventory, and just reached the
half way mark minutes ago.  Since I have 2 days of paid time left, guess I
am 'donating' that last day to finish things up.

Some of you have asked for specific's, what it truly boils down to, is that
I am the only building in my district who is in a 3 section school.  Our
other buildings are 2 section.  I get the same pay, and do a third more
work.  We have 2 secretaries, 2 art teachers, 2 PE teachers, 2 music
teachers, and ONE librarian.  We do only have 1 principal in this building,
but her pay is compensated for the additional work load.  (and what am I,
chopped liver?)  When I started, I had a helper, but each year she is pulled
out of the library more and more.  This was the year it broke me.

I do work for the kids, keep reminding me that!  Our 5th graders work a
school store, then vote on what to do with the profits.  They donated
$158.00 to me to buy books for the library.  I just love that they thought
of me.

I love the attitude folder!  There are teachers here who totally appreciate
me, and I will start my folder when I finish catching up with inventory.

Thanks again for all your wonderful, supportive words.  I have truly laughed
out loud and many of them, and will be visiting the local pub when this
inventory is finally finished!!!

Happy summer everyone!

Raynette Schulte
Lincoln School Librarian
Watertown, SD
schulter@wtn.k12.sd.us

"To every complex situation, there is a simple solution.  But it's the wrong
solution."- Anonymous