Herb Block, a cartoonist for the Washington Post, once said,
"Cartooning is an irreverent form of expression, and one
particularly suited to scoffing at the high and the mighty."  Block
also said, "I've often summed up the role of the cartoonist as that of
the boy in the Hans Christian Andersen story who says the emperor has no
clothes on."

Please join the Library of Congress's Learning Page staff members and
your peers in a live chat session on November 18, 2004 at 8:00 P.M.
(EST) in the After School Online Classroom, http://www.tappedin.org.

During this session, we will share political cartoons from the Library
of Congress's collection, and discuss how they might be used in the
classroom.

Information on this session and links to political cartoon resources
from the Library of Congress may be found at:
http://www.loc.gov/learn/community/cc_pcartoon.php