The Dirksen Congressional Center, a non-partisan, not-for-profit
organization located in Pekin, Illinois, that seeks to improve civic
engagement by promoting a better understanding of Congress and its
leaders is offering a FREE professional development opportunity.

Do you teach social studies, American government, American history, or
civics? Are your lessons about the U.S. Congress out of date? Is it hard
to engage your students in learning about the House and Senate?

Congress in the Classroom Online -- http://www.congressclass.org -- will
help you understand today's Congress and suggest ways to teach about it.
The self-paced workshop is organized around the twin responsibilities of
Congress members: representation and lawmaking. There are more than a
dozen individual units on such topics as "What Makes for Effective
Members of Congress?" "How Representative is the Membership of
Congress?" and "Lawmaking: Understanding the Basics." All the
information you need to complete the online workshop is available with
just a few mouse clicks.

A variety of congressional scholars have authored the workshop
resources, and their qualifications are listed with their content
pieces. Visit our "Faculty Information" page to find out more --
http://www.congressclass.org/facultyinformation.htm.

This professional development opportunity has no scheduled class times
-- you participate at your convenience, day or night, no matter what
time zone you're in. We want to make it easy -- get a professional
development opportunity without ever leaving your own home!

For more information, visit --
http://www.congressclass.org/courseinformation_contents.htm -- for a
complete workshop program overview.

We invite you to register to participate in Congress in the Classroom
Online to help you understand today's Congress and discover ways to
teach about it -- with all the convenience and speed of the Internet.

We look forward to your participation. Let us know if you have any
questions or comments.

Cindy Koeppel
The Dirksen Congressional Center
http://www.dirksencongressionalcenter.org