Snicket, Lemony._The Grim Grotto [A series of unfortunate
events #11]._HarperCollins, 2004 [0-06-441014-5]
Well.. as the Baudelaire orphans are floating down Stricken
Stream away from Count Olaf they come upon a submarine being
driven by Captain Widdershins.  He has been looking for them
and offers to take them to find the last sugar bowl which
they establish is at the Green Grotto.  Of course once there
they run into problems along with Count Olaf.  I don't know
whether I am getting tired of this series or not, but this
323 page book seems to have more of the usual silly
explainations and sidetracks than the previous 10 books.
Nevertheless, the kids flock to this series.

 *****
Frederick Muller, Librarian
Halsted Middle School Library
Newton, NJ  07860